Dual Language Immersion is a unique educational model where children learn to think, read, write and communicate naturally in two languages: English and Korean. Native Korean and native English speaking students study together, beginning in kindergarten through 6th grade, to be biliterate in both languages.
Program Goals for Students:
- Empowers students to achieve the highest academic, social, and linguistic skills furthering their access to future educational and economic success.
- Students are instructed according to the Common Core Content Standards for grade level competencies in all subject areas in both English and Korean.
- Learning a second language stimulates the brain to develop higher level reasoning skills, which transfer to complex critical thinking in math, science, and language arts.
- Children who are educated in two languages have stronger self-esteem with more tolerance for, and more interest in, other cultures.
80:20 – The first number ‘80’ refers to the percentage of instructional time initially spent for instruction in the target language (Korean) in Kindergarten. The second number ‘20’ refers to English. In our 80:20 model, the amount of the target language decreases yearly as English increases until there is a 50:50 balance of the languages generally in grades four through six.
If you are interested in having your child participate in AESD’s Korean Dual Language Immersion program, please attend ONE of the upcoming informational meetings at Jefferson Elementary.
- Thursday, December 12, 2019, 4:00 PM
- Friday, January 24, 2020, 8:00 AM
- Thursday, February 6, 2020, 8:00 AM
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020, 8:00 AM
- Friday, April 17, 2020, 8:00 AM
- Friday, May 15, 2020, 8:00 AM
Contact Jefferson Principal, Dr. Sandra Song
Phone: (714) 517-8917
Follow Jefferson Elementary on Twitter at Twitter.com/JeffSchoolNews
AESD is proud to have the only Korean Dual Language Academy in Orange County