Community Flyer Approval Information
Guidelines and information for youth-oriented, nonprofit organizations
Anaheim Elementary School District recognizes the important role that nonprofit organizations play in providing educational and cultural programs for District students during non-school hours.
Anaheim Elementary School District allows nonprofit, charitable, or civic organizations to distribute information to students and families. All materials must be approved by the District and receive an approval stamp. Materials from for-profit companies do not qualify. Flyers are reviewed on Tuesdays by the Communications & Public Information Department. Please allow a minimum of two weeks for processing. Please see Important Dates to Follow for the 2017-18 submission timeline.
- Organizations must qualify as a nonprofit, charitable, or civic organization (UBI or Tax ID number required); and
- Present materials of educational, civic, or cultural value; and
- Present activities within the local geographic area of the District; and
- Submit all required materials as outlined under How to Submit a Flyer Distribution Request, and receive an approval stamp from the District; and
- Include the following disclaimer statement on the flyer being submitted for approval:
This organization and its activities are not related to or sponsored by the Anaheim Elementary School District
The Flyer Distribution Request Form is provided in a fillable format, however, you may choose to print the blank form, complete, scan, and attach to your submission email. Please provide your materials in one of the following file formats: PDF, JPEG, Microsoft Word, or Microsoft Publisher.
To submit a request, please email the following documents to email@example.com:
- Completed Flyer Distribution Request Form
- Proof of [501 (c) (3), 501 (c) 4] status
- Flyer that includes the required disclaimer statement.
Electronic submission is preferred. As an alternative, the documents may be turned in to the District Office front reception desk.
Please note: An updated Flyer Distribution Request Form is required each time your organization submits a flyer approval request. There will be no multiple distributions of the same flyer.
Duplication and delivery of the approved flyers, bundled by student count, is the responsibility of the organization requesting permission to distribute. Distribution/bundling instructions and enrollment/location information is provided upon approval of the flyer submission. Flyers are carried home by students once-a-week.
For the 2017-18 school year, the school sites will begin accepting flyers for distribution on Monday, August 28, 2017.
Flyer submission dates begin mid-August through Tuesday, May 29, 2018, with the exceptions listed below:
- No materials will be processed for approval or distribution from December 6, 2017, through January 8, 2018. We ask that flyers are not distributed to the school sites the week prior to winter break, as that is a particularly busy time of the year.
- Single-Track sites will be closed and unable to receive flyers for distribution from Monday, March 26 through Friday, April 6, 2018.
- Last date to submit a flyer for approval during the 2017-18 school year: Tuesday, May 29, 2018.
- Last date to drop off flyers to a single-track school: Monday, June 4, 2018
- Last date to drop off flyers to a multi-track school: Monday, June 18, 2018
Contact Information: Communications & Public Information Department (714) 517-7513 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Some organizations want a poster to be hung on a community bulletin board at school. Posters to be hung in schools are handled at the school itself. Posters must meet the same criteria as flyers to be eligible for school/community bulletin boards. Poster requests are handled by the school principal.
Some organizations want a banner to be hung on the school’s fence. Banners to be hung at schools are handled at the school itself and approved by the principal. Banners must meet the same criteria as flyers and should be hung for a limited period of time.
Materials for teachers and staff
The District does not approve promotional materials targeted at teachers and staff. It is up to the school principal or administrator to allow distribution of flyers to teachers and staff or for placement in school staff lounges.