Support for the core instructional program offered to all students in AESD through the provision of instructional materials, professional development, parent involvement, and school library maintenance.
Areas of Responsibility
- To provide an instructional program that enables all students to reach high levels of achievement and acquire the knowledge, skills, and values needed to become responsible members of a democratic society.
- Support the implementation of the core curriculum in language arts, mathematics, English language development, science, social studies, and physical education.
- Provide guidance in the use of universal access and differentiated instruction to provide access to the core curriculum for all students.
- Coordinate the opportunity for teachers to receive training in language arts and mathematics and other district-wide areas of focus.
- Provide professional development support directly to sites via a consultation model.
- Provide ongoing opportunities for meaningful parent and community involvement through facilitation of parent education classes, volunteerism, participation in district and school events, and community partnerships.
- Coordinate the ordering and distribution of instructional materials to the sites.
- Provide support to the Library Media Assistants.
- Maintain the curriculum lab as a district resource for educators and support staff.
Each member of this department is happy to be of assistance to you. Please feel free to phone or e-mail any of us in the department. Please let us know how we can best support you!
|Maria Villegas||Director||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4132||Email Maria|
|Loren Garibay||Director’s Secretary||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4140||Email Loren|
|Yesenia Ureño||Program Secretary||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4131||Email Yesenia|
|Curriculum Specialists and TOSAs|
|Andy Apodaca||Curriculum Specialist, English Learners and ELD||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4136||Email Andy|
|Katie Hernandez||Curriculum Specialist, English Language Arts||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4137||Email Katie|
|Kelley Barrett||Curriculum Specialist, Science||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4133||Email Kelley|
|Naseem Mandalia||Curriculum Specialist, Mathematics||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4138||Email Naseem|
|Magaly Rodriguez||Dual Language Immersion Specialist||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4134||Email Magaly|
|Mark Anderson||Music TOSA||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4145||Email Mark|
|Laura Castrejon||TOSA||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4103||Email Laura|
|Curriculum Lab||(714) 517-7530 ext. 4140 or 4123|