Curriculum and Instruction
Our Focus: Support for the core instructional program offered to all students in the Anaheim Elementary School District through the provision of instructional materials, professional development, parent involvement, and school library maintenance.
Areas of Responsibility
- To provide an instructional program that enables all students to reach high levels of achievement and acquire the knowledge, skills, and values needed to become responsible members of a democratic society.
- Support the implementation of the core curriculum in language arts, mathematics, English language development, science, social studies, and physical education.
- Provide guidance in the use of universal access and differentiated instruction to provide access to the core curriculum for all students. Coordinate the opportunity for teachers to receive training in language arts and mathematics and other district-wide areas of focus. Provide professional development support directly to sites via a consultation model.
- Provide ongoing opportunities for meaningful parent and community involvement through facilitation of parent education classes, volunteerism, participation in district and school events, and community partnerships.
- Coordinate the ordering and distribution of instructional materials to the sites.
- Provide support to the Library Media Assistants.
- Maintain the curriculum lab as a district resource for educators and support staff.
- Each member of this department is happy to be of assistance to you. Please feel free to phone or e-mail any of us in the department. Please let us know how we can best support you!
Maria Villegas Director of Curriculum and InstructionPhone: (714) 517-7530 Ext. 4132 E-mail: email@example.com