The Communications & Public Information Office oversees all California Public Record Act requests for the District.
Except for public records exempt from disclosure by express provisions of law, a request for a copy of reasonably-described identifiable records shall be made available with minimal delay to the requesting party. An exact copy shall be provided unless it is impracticable to do so.
You will be notified within ten (10) days:
- Whether the District requires an extension of time to determine whether it has records responsive to your request
- Whether the District has records responsive to your request
- Whether the District has records responsive to your request but which are exempt from disclosure and the reasons for exemption
- Whether the District has records responsive to your request and the page count and cost of copying the records
Based on the page count, the time required to copy the documents requested. Copying of documents responsive to your request will be completed as soon as possible.
If your request is to review documents rather than receive copies, the District will make an appointment at the time of presentation of your request for a future date reasonable to allow staff to gather the documents and review them for compliance with the provisions of the Public Records Act.
Records stored by the District in electronic format will be provided in electronic format when possible and when requested by any person.
To submit a Request for Public Records:
To submit a Request for Your Student Records:
- This is a separate process. If you attended AESD and need to request your student records please email: