Support for the core instructional program offered to all students in AESD through the provision of instructional materials, professional development, parent involvement, and school library maintenance.
Areas of Responsibility
- To provide an instructional program that enables all students to reach high levels of achievement and acquire the knowledge, skills, and values needed to become responsible members of a democratic society.
- Support the implementation of the core curriculum in language arts, mathematics, English language development, science, social studies, and physical education.
- Provide guidance in the use of universal access and differentiated instruction to provide access to the core curriculum for all students.
- Coordinate the opportunity for teachers to receive training in language arts and mathematics and other district-wide areas of focus.
- Provide professional development support directly to sites via a consultation model.
- Provide ongoing opportunities for meaningful parent and community involvement through facilitation of parent education classes, volunteerism, participation in district and school events, and community partnerships.
- Coordinate the ordering and distribution of instructional materials to the sites.
- Provide support to the Library Media Assistants.
- Maintain the curriculum lab as a district resource for educators and support staff.