The AESD Office of Early Childhood Education currently serves over 1000 preschool children at 16 school sites through the California State Preschool Programs.
Find a Preschool Near You
(714) 517-7125 Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm – CLOSED
Out of an abundance of caution, as a result of the pandemic, AESD staff continues to work remotely. Please refer to the Staff Directory for email contact information.
If you are inquiring about preschool enrollment for 2020-2021
School Year please fill out the Preschool Interest Questionnaire linked below.
Maximum Allowable Family Income for State Preschool 20-21
|Family Size||Family Monthly Income||Family Yearly Income|
Children must turn 3 or 4 years of age by December 1st of the current year of enrollment. *SY= School year.
|Grade Level||2020-21 SY Birthdate||2019-20 SY Birthdate|
|Pre-K (3 yrs.)||9/2/2016 – 12/1/2017||9/2/2015-12/1/2016|
|Pre-K (4 yrs.)||9/2/2015 – 9/1/2016||9/2/2014-9/1/2015|
Children, who turn 3 years old on or after December 2nd of the current school year, may enroll on or after their third birthday.
How to apply for State Preschool
- Ensure your child’s birthdate eligibility as stated above.
- Complete the State Preschool Interest List
- Print State Preschool Enrollment Packet below:
|20-21 State Preschool Enrollment Packet – English Version|
|Paquete de Inscripcion del Programa Preescolar 20-21 – Español|
Note: The Anaheim Elementary School District has extended School Dismissal through June 9th.
Certification of enrollment is processed until the enrollment packet and required documents are submitted and verified by an ECE staff. The required documents include, but not limited to the following:
- Proof of Family Income (four weeks of recent and consecutive income verification)
- Proof of Family Size (Birth Certificates for all children in family)
- Child’s Recent Physical Exam that must be signed by your child’s doctor
- Child’s Immunization Record up-to-date with current Tuberculosis (TB) test results
- Immunization Record for Adult Volunteer: proof of Pertussis (Tdap), Measles (MMR) immunization, current Tuberculosis (TB) test results that are within 4 years, and optional Influenza.
- If a family receives Cash aide, CAL-Works (welfare), Food Stamps and/or Child Support, these documents must be submitted at the time of certification appointment, if not sooner.