The AESD Office of Early Childhood Education currently serves over 1000 preschool children at 16 school sites through the California State Preschool Programs.
Find a Preschool Near You
Monday -Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Maximum Allowable Family Income for State Preschool 19-20
|Family Size||Family Monthly Income||Family Yearly Income|
Children must turn 3 or 4 years of age by September 1st of the current year of enrollment. *SY= School year.
|Grade Level||2019-20 SY Birthdate||2018-19 SY Birthdate|
|Pre-K (3 yrs.)||9/2/15-9/1/16||12/3/14-9/1/15|
|Pre-K (4 yrs.)||9/2/14-9/1/15||12/3/13-9/1/14|
|TK or Pre-K||9/2/14-12/2/14||9/2/13-12/2/13|
|TK: 20-21 SY (4Y)||9/2/16-12/2/17||9/2/14-12/2/14|
How to apply for State Preschool
- Ensure your child’s birthdate eligibility as stated above.
- Complete the Pre-Eligibility Questionnaire along with its supporting documents and submit it to the Preschool Office at Key School located at 2000 W. Ball Road, Anaheim, CA, 92804
- If your family is eligible for preschool, an appointment will be given to complete the pre-enrollment process.
- This program does not enroll on a first come, first serve basis. Family applications are ranked according to family size and gross income.
- Final Certifications will take place in April-August 2019.
Certification of enrollment is processed until the enrollment packet and required documents are submitted and verified by an ECE Staff. The required documents include,but not limited to the following:
- Proof of Family Income (four weeks of recent and consecutive income verification)
- Proof of Family Size (Birth Certificates for all children in family)
- Child’s Recent Physical Exam that must be signed by your child’s doctor
- Child’s Immunization Record up-to-date with current Tuberculosis (TB) test results
- Immunization Record for Adult Volunteer: proof of Pertussis (Tdap), Measles (MMR) immunization, current Tuberculosis (TB) test results that are within 4 years, and optional Influenza.
- If a family receives Cash aide, CAL-Works (welfare), Food Stamps and/or Child Support, these documents must be submitted at the time of certification appointment, if not sooner.