Registration for the new school year begins on February 1st each year. The documents listed below are required to complete the registration process.
- Original Birth Certificate, Affidavit of Birth, Passport or Foster Care Agency Documents
- Proof of Address:
- One item in parent/guardian name as proof of address (Mortgage, Lease/Rental Agreement), Electric bill (within 60 days) or Gas bill (within 30 days)
- If you do not have a formal lease/rental agreement or if you are living with someone, your manager/landlord/owner must provide one of the items listed above as proof of address and must sign the Residence Verification Form (Formulario de verificación de domicilio). The parent/guardian must also provide one additional document with home address in his/her name.
- If your living situation meets the requirements of the McKinney-Vento Assistance Act, please inform the office.
- Oral Health Assessment – required by May 31 prior to the child’s first day of public school. 1st Grade ONLY
- Report of Physical Examination (dated after February 1, 2017) 1st Grade ONLY:
- Immunization Record (doses dated, and clinic/doctor’s stamp next to each dose)
Polio: 4 doses given at any time (3 are enough if at least one was given after the 4th birthday)
DTP: 5 or more doses (4 are enough if last dose given on or after the 4th birthday) 3 doses are enough if at least one dose of Tdap, DtaP, or DTP was given on or after the 7th birthday
1 or 2 doses of Td are enough if given on or after the 7th birthday
MMR : 2 doses (only doses given on or after 1st birthday meet the requirement)
Hepatitis B -: 3 doses (total)
Varicella (chicken pox) – 2 doses on or after the first birthday, or healthcare provider documented varicella disease or immunity.
Receipt of the dose up to, and including, 4 days before the birthday will satisfy the school entry immunization requirement.
For more information on school entry health exam requirements visit the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) web site