The Anaheim Elementary School District is now part of the Anaheim Educational Pledge! What is the Anaheim Educational Pledge and what does it mean for AESD Students?
The Anaheim Educational Pledge is an intentional comprehensive support system that integrates stakeholders to increase student’s preparation for meaningful engagement in Jr. & High School, postsecondary education, career pathways and to responsible citizens. This is possible through a committed partnership and strategic coordination amongst local public school districts and institutions of higher learning that serve Anaheim Elementary School District students.
The Pledge’s partners include:
- Anaheim Elementary School (PreK through 6th grade)
- Anaheim Union High School District (7th grade through 12th grade)
- North Orange County Community College District (Vocational Degrees, Associates Degrees, General Education, Four-Year College Transfer Preparedness)
- Cypress College
- Fullerton College
- Cal State University Fullerton (Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate Degrees)
- University of California Irvine (Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate Degrees)
The Pledge partners are committed to: align resources and provide unique experiences to Anaheim students and their parents, as early as kindergarten, that help them envision themselves in college; assist in understanding admission requirements and the financial aid system; and provide them with the tools needed to succeed once they are there.
Statistics show that only 9% of students that come from the lowest income quartile complete a college degree, and admission to college is more competitive than ever for students from all backgrounds. Anaheim Elementary School District pledges to ensure equal access for ALL students to the information and tools they need to succeed, and the Anaheim Education Pledge provides the framework to help students break through institutional barriers that have historically limited access, therefore giving AESD students a competitive advantage amongst their peers from other school districts.
Here are some of the unique experiences and services seamlessly available to Anaheim Elementary School District students and families as they matriculate through the coordinated public education system in Anaheim:
- Anaheim Elementary School District (PreK-6th Grade): e²STEAM-D curriculum that engages students for 21st-century learning, College & Career Week, college campus tours for families, parent workshops on admission requirements and financial aid, TED Talks and cap & gown visits by former AESD students, visits from AUHSD counselors to help plan secondary education path, a culture that continuously encourages students to envision themselves attending college.
- Anaheim Union High School District (7th-12th Grade): Curriculum that prepares students to meet four-year college entrance requirements, Advanced Placement classes and dual enrollment agreements with local community colleges allow students to earn college credits while in high school, college campus tours, admission requirements and financial aid workshops with college staff, career exploration internships with local businesses.
- North Orange County Community College District: AUHSD graduates who attend Fullerton or Cypress College are guaranteed one year of free tuition and books, access to priority tutoring and academic support, guaranteed transfer to Cal State Fullerton and UCI for students who complete the requirements.
- Cal State Fullerton and UCI: Designated priority admission spots for AUHSD graduates who meet admission requirements, access to priority tutoring and academic support to ensure success and graduation.
- Professional Opportunities: Beginning in high school, and through college, Anaheim students have access to a deep pool of unique career exploration and internship opportunities. Professional partners include: Kaiser Permanente, Wells Fargo, Rolls-Royce HTC, Anaheim Public Utilities, Disneyland, Chef Bruno of the White House Anaheim, Lennar and a range of other businesses.
The Anaheim Educational Pledge is a unique educational and career framework specifically designed to empower Anaheim Elementary School students from day one of elementary school all the way through to the moment that they walk across the stage to receive their college diploma. This one-of-a-kind program gives an equal voice to all stakeholders, whose #1 priority is the success of Anaheim students. We can’t wait to see the amazing places and incredible things that AESD students achieve!
AESD Pledge Downloads
Download the AESD Pledge Matrix