As an important fail-safe, should an employee leave the District or department, it is suggested that each Site and Group have at least 2 owners. The steps for this process are below.
Adding a Second Owner to a Google Site
- Type in the name of the person you wish to add to the Site
- In the drop-down menu to the right, mark them as “Is Owner”
- Click “Share and Save” to set this user as a second owner of your Site.
Making a Current Member of a Group an “Owner”
- Open the “Groups” App from the top menu bar
- Click on “My Groups”
- Put a check next to the user you wish to make an owner
- Click on “Actions”
- Hover over “Add to Role”
- Click on “Owner”
- This user is now a second owner of your Group
Adding a New Member as an “Owner” to Your Group
- Now, type in the name of the person you wish to add to your group. You do not need to type in the full e-mail address; Google’s “Auto-Complete” will bring it up for you (just like when sending an e-mail)
- When finished, click on “Add”
- Now, you can go through Steps 5 – 9 above to make this new member an “Owner” of your group.