Google Drive has long been a useful tool for collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking. Now, with the addition of “Add-ons,” Google Drive has drastically increased its functionality. With “Add-ons,” users (staff and students) can add in specially created programs that interact with their Google Docs.
Last week’s Tech Tip demonstrated how to access the “Add-ons” from the Drive. This week’s tip is a demonstration about how to explore the “Add-ons” and utilize them from the Drive with a spotlight on Lucidchart.
- From your Google Document, go to “Add-ons.”
- Click on Lucidchart Diagrams>Insert Diagram.
- Click on the red “Create” button on the right-hand side of your document.
- Choose a “Blank” diagram to begin creating your diagram.
- Follow the Tutorial on Lucidchart Diagrams on how to create your chart
- When your finnished with the diagram go File>Save As and give your document a name
- Click the ‘Back to DOCSs’ button in the upper left corner
- Back in your document refresh your available Charts List
- Select your chart to insert into your document
To get more help using LucidChart after creating a new chart go to their help menu