Sunkist Elementary has a mandatory uniform policy. Research has shown that uniforms help raise student achievement by eliminating many of the distractions that clothing can create. Uniforms help keep students safe, they eliminate the need to put on a fashion show, and they reinforce the need to be prepared to come to school and learn. Please refer to the uniform policy for guidelines in student dress. If you have questions or wish to sign a waiver, you will need to personally come to school and meet with an administrator.
- Sunkist School shirt
- Navy Blue, White, or bright Red Polo shirt
- White dress shirt or blouse with collar
- Navy Blue or Khaki shorts, pants, skirts, skorts, or jumpers
- Blue Plaid is OK for skirts, skorts, and jumpers
- Jeans – no distressed or oversized
- Closed-toed shoes only
- Tennis Shoes acceptable
- Any color socks are OK
- No hats (except during outdoor play)
- No logo on clothing.
- Shirts should be tucked in.
- Pants should fit well around the waist.
- Plain colored T-shirts are not part of the uniform.
- Bike shorts may be worn under skirts and jumpers only.
- For colder weather, Red and Blue outer is acceptable.
Clothing for uniforms can be purchased at any store including: Target, Kmart, Penney’s, Macys, Fallas Paredes, and others. If you have questions, please feel free to call the Sunkist School office at 517-8962.