Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 6:40 AM and AM 6:00 PM – 6:40 PM
Closed Holidays and/or School Events
Welcome to the Lion’s Den! This free mini-market is a pilot program created by Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County. This unique program promotes a dignified food distribution that has respect, kindness, and compassion at its core. In turn, we expect our volunteers and guests to uphold a high standard of respect and compassion. Please become familiar with the Code of Conduct below.
Code of Conduct
- If you are new to the program, you must complete a registration form BEFORE you can schedule your first appointment to shop. Picture ID is required to register.
- Individuals must have an appointment to shop. Appointments can only be made during pantry hours:
- Monday – Friday: 6:00am-6:45am; 6:00pm-6:45pm
- Each household is permitted, at most, one (1) appointment per week (if available)
- To make an appointment, someone from the household (16 or older) must be present. One form of picture ID is required to make an appointment.
- Each household can only have one (1) outstanding appointment at a time.
- One individual (16 or older) from a household is allowed inside the pantry during each scheduled visit. Children are NOT allowed in the pantry. Space is limited.
- Appointment procedures:
- Picture ID required upon arrival
- 5 minutes to shop (timed by Lion’s Den Volunteers)
- 2 bag maximum (no large bags)
- No carts or strollers are permitted inside the pantry
- Never take items from storage
- Appointment times are strict. If you arrive late, you must make an appointment at another time that you are available. You are responsible for remembering when your appointment is.
Violating any of the policies listed above will result in a verbal warning by Second Harvest Food Bank or Lincoln Elementary staff. At the discretion of SHFB or Lincoln Elementary Staff, a family may no longer be permitted to attend the Lion’s Den. Please contact Lincoln Elementary School at 714-517-8929 ext. 2093 with any questions or concerns.