The Gang Reduction and Intervention Partnership (GRIP) mission is to work with fourth through eighth grade students identified as at-risk and their families by:
- Implementing research-based coordinated targeted gang prevention, intervention, and suppression activities.
- Creating safe and drug-free schools.
- Removing barriers to learning.
- Promoting pro-social leadership skills.
- Providing parents with effective skills, tools, and support that will promote healthy childhood development and minimize gang influences on their children.
- Train teachers and school support staff to identify gang behavior and students at-risk of adopting the gang life style.