TK and Kindergarten registration for the 2018-19 school year will begin on January 29, 2018.
- Children born on or before September 1, 2013, can be registered for Kindergarten.
- Children born September 2 to December 2, 2013 can be registered for TK.
Transitional Kindergarten Locations
Most AESD schools have TK classrooms except:
|If Your Home School is…||Your child will attend…|
Expanded Transitional Kindergarten (ETK)
- A child turning 5 between 12/3/2018 – 6/30/2019 can be enrolled in ETK
- You may enroll your child, however, placement will not take place until 15 days of the start of the 1st day of school by the District.
The documents listed below are required to complete the registration process.
- Original Birth Certificate, Affidavit of Birth, Passport or Foster Care Agency Documents
- Proof of Address:
- One item in parent/guardian name as proof of address (Mortgage, Lease/Rental Agreement), Electric bill (within 60 days) or Gas bill (within 30 days)
- If you do not have a formal lease/rental agreement or if you are living with someone, your manager/landlord/owner must provide one of the items listed above as proof of address and must sign the Residence Verification Form (Formulario de verificación de domicilio) The parent/guardian must also provide one additional document with home address in his/her name.
- If your living situation meets the requirements of the McKinney-Vento Assistance Act, please inform the office.
- Physical Exam dated after February 1, 2018 (for Kindergarten Only) —
- Dental Exam required by May 31 of the first year of public school (for TK & Kindergarten)
- Immunization Record (doses dated, and clinic/doctor’s stamp next to each dose)
Polio Ages 4-6: 4 doses given at any time (3 are enough if at least one was give after the 4th birthday)
DTP Ages 4-6: 5 or more doses (4 are enough if last dose given after the 4th birthday)*
MMR Ages 4-6: 2 doses (both on or after 1st birthday)*
Hepatitis B – Ages 4-6: 3 doses (total)
Varicella (chicken pox) – 1 dose (on or after the first birthday), or healthcare provider documented varicella disease or immunity.
*Receipt of the dose up to, and including, 4 days before the birthday will satisfy the school entry immunization requirement.
For more information on school entry health exam requirements visit the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) web site
Per SB 277 and health & Safety code section 120325 (c), students without up-to-date immunizations may enroll, but cannot attend until all required immunizations are up-to-date
Identification of English Learners
The California Education Code requires schools to determine the language(s) spoken at home by each student. This information is essential in order for schools to provide meaningful instruction for all students. If the Home Language Survey (HLS) indicates that your child has spoken or speaks a language other than English, your child will be assessed to determine his/her fluency levels in English. If your child is tested, you will be notified of the results along with a recommended program of instruction. If you have questions about the programs we offer, please see the AESD English Learners Master Plan: