Re: School closure in response to Coronavirus
March 13, 2020 2:00 p.m.
Dear Anaheim Elementary School District Families,
Out of an abundance of caution, for the health and safety of all AESD students, staff, and the community, and with the support of the OC Health Care Agency and the Orange County Department of Education, all AESD schools will be closed from Monday, March 16 with an anticipated return on Monday, March 30.
During the closure of schools, the well-being of students will continue to be our priority and we have been actively working on instructional continuity and other student needs. The following actions and resources will be available for AESD students during the school closure:
- Chromebooks will be sent home with all students today, Friday, March 13, 2020.
- Supplemental learning materials will be available for students on the Student Portal at aesd.org
- “Grab and go” meals will be available for AESD students from 11 a.m. to 12 noon at the following regional feeding centers:
- Katella High School (2200 E Wagner Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806)
- Anaheim High School (811 W Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92805)
- Sycamore Junior High School (1801 E Sycamore St, Anaheim, CA 92805)
- Loara High School (1765 W Cerritos Ave, Anaheim, CA 92804)
- Brookhurst Junior High School (601 N Brookhurst St, Anaheim, CA 92801)
- Ponderosa Elementary School (2135 S Mountain View Ave, Anaheim, CA 92802)
- For information, call AUHSD food services at (714) 999-3560
- If your child was absent from school on Friday, March 13 and you wish to pick up a Chromebook computer for your child, please visit your child’s school on Monday, March 16 or Tuesday, March 17 during regular school hours.
We want to express our gratitude to all AESD families and staff for their support and flexibility these past few weeks as the Coronavirus situation has been developing. We greatly value your trust and hold it central to every decision we make. Please know that we will continue to communicate with you via Parentlink and our aesd.org website during the closure.
Dr. Christopher Downing, Superintendent