TABLE OF CONTENTS
SEARCH FIRM SERVICES
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- RFP INSTRUCTIONS AND CONDITIONS
- SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
NOTE: The Table of Contents is to be made part of the above referenced bid.
Linda Kimble, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Anaheim Elementary School District
INSTRUCTIONS & CONDITIONS
SEARCH FIRM SERVICES
NOTICE is hereby given that the Anaheim Elementary School District, Anaheim, California, hereinafter referred to as the District, will receive up to, but no later than January 12, 2018, sealed proposals for the award of a contract for search firm services.
Proposals shall be received in the office of the Superintendent at 1001 S. East Street, Anaheim, California, 92805.
The Anaheim Elementary School District reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to waive any informality in the proposed process.
Questions regarding this proposal shall be directed to Dr. Michelle Harmeier, Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (714) 517-7500.
PREPARATION OF PROPOSAL
The District is requesting eight (8) copies of the proposals be submitted. All proposals submitted must be in sealed envelopes bearing on the outside the name of the consulting firm, the address, and the name of the project for which the proposal is submitted. It is the sole responsibility of each consulting firm to see that the proposal is received in proper time. Any proposal received after the scheduled closing time for receipt of proposals will be returned to the consulting firm unopened.
SIGNING OF PROPOSALS
The signature of all persons signing shall be in longhand and executed by the person duly authorized to make contracts. The consulting firm’s legal name shall be fully stated. Obligations assumed by such signature must be fulfilled.
All consulting firms may be required to furnish evidence of their technical ability, experience, and financial responsibility.
ALTERATION OR VARIATION OF TERMS
It is mutually understood and agreed that no alteration or variation of the terms of this proposal or purchase order shall be valid unless made or confirmed in writing and signed by the parties hereto, and that no oral understanding or agreements not incorporated herein, and no alterations or variations of the terms hereof unless made or confirmed in writing between the parties hereto shall be binding on any of the parties hereto.
This contract is not assignable by the consulting firm either in whole or in part. The contract shall extend to and be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assignees of the respective parties hereto.
COMPLIANCE WITH STATUTE
By responding to the Request for Proposal, the consulting firm hereby warrants that all applicable Federal and State statutes and regulations and/or local ordinances will be complied with in connection with the delivery of the services offered.
Proposal results will be available for inspection in office of the Superintendent, 1001 S. East Street, Anaheim, California, 92805 upon award of contract to the successful consulting firm.
PRICE, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS
Price, terms, and conditions of this proposal are valid for sixty (60) days, from date of proposal opening, unless the offering party in writing allows for a longer period of time.
Changes in or additions to the Proposal Form, recapitulations of the work bid upon alternative proposals, or any other modifications of the Proposal Form which is not specifically called for in the contract documents may result in the rejection of the proposal as not being responsive to the Proposal. No oral or telephonic modification of any proposal submitted will be considered, and a telegraphic modification may be considered only if the postmark evidences that confirmation of the telegram duly signed by the consulting firm was placed in the mail prior to the proposal opening.
WITHDRAWAL OF PROPOSALS
Consulting firms may withdraw their proposal either personally, by written request, or by telegraphic request confirmed in the manner specified above at any time prior to the scheduled closing time for receipt of proposals.
EVIDENCE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Upon the request of the District, a consulting firm whose proposal is under consideration for award may be required to submit promptly to the District’s satisfaction evidence showing the consulting firm’s financial resources, experience, and organization for the performance of the contract.
In accordance with the provisions of Section 3700 of the Labor Code, the consulting firm shall secure the payment of compensation to employees. The consulting firm shall sign and file with the District the following certificate prior to performing the work under this contract: "I am aware of the provisions of Section 3700 of the Labor Code which requires every employer to be insured against liability for worker’s compensation or to undertake self-insurance in accordance with the provisions of that code, and I will comply with such provisions before commencing the performance of the work of this contract." The certificate is included herein.
- The consulting firm shall comply with the District’s Board policies, including but not limited to Board Policy 4030.
- The consulting firm shall sign the enclosed "Certification of Nondiscrimination by Supplier" form and submit it with the proposal.
Consulting firm shall take out and maintain and shall require all subcontractors, if any, whether primary or secondary to take out and maintain:
- Public Liability Insurance for injuries including accidental death to any one person in an amount not less than $1,000,000;
- Subject to the same limit for each person on account of one accident, in an amount not less than $1,000,000;
- Property Damage Insurance in an amount not less than $500,000;
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance in an amount adequate to cover all employees;
- Professional Liability Insurance (errors and omissions) in an amount not less than $1,000,000; and
- Automotive and truck where operated in amounts as above.
DISTRICT RIGHTS AND OPTIONS
The District reserves the right to postpone selection for its own convenience, to withdraw this Request for Proposals at any time, and to reject any and all proposals without indicating any reason for rejection; or to negotiate with any, all, or none of the respondents to the RFP. This RFP does not obligate the District to negotiate a contract. Proposals will not be returned. No compensation shall be paid for any work related to preparation of any proposals. District also reserves the right to waive any minor irregularities in proposals submitted.
Identify any current or former District employee, or relative of a District employee, employed or on the firm’s governing board as of the date of the proposal. Include their position and responsibilities within the Consultant’s organization. If, following a review of this information, it is determined by the District that a conflict of interest exists, the Consultant may be disqualified from further consideration for the award of a contract.
SEARCH FIRM SERVICES
ANAHEIM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL DISTRICT
At the direction of the Board of Trustees, the District is inviting interested search firms to demonstrate their ability to provide assistance with the identification and recruitment of candidates for the position of Superintendent of Schools. The District will be selecting a search firm to supply the above-referenced services based on their areas of expertise, experience responses to the requirements of section of this RFP, and the interview process.
Contract award date through the successful hiring of a Superintendent.
- Detailed description of the process and all associated costs provided in an itemized format. The selected search firm will work in collaboration with a District liaison. Some services may be provided by or in collaboration with the District liaison.
- Timeline for the process.
- 3.1 Assist Board with the development of a hiring profile that is informed by the Anaheim community.
- 3.2 Assist Board with national advertising of the position.
- 3.3 Assist Board with national recruitment of high quality applicants that match the established profile.
- 3.4 Assist the Board with the facilitation of the applicant screening process.
- 3.5 Assist the Board with the facilitation of the interview process.
- 3.6 Conduct preliminary background check including degrees and credentials earned.
- 3.7 Solicit community input to inform the hiring profile through at least six (6) to eight (8) community meetings.
- Management of a community interview panel process to facilitate input into the decision making process.
- Procedure Consultant will use to disclose to the District prior recruiting/searches involving any candidate that is screened.
- Samples of related materials (advertising, survey forms, reports, etc.).
- Experience References:
- 7.1 Background information about your firm.
- 7.2 Describe searches conducted for school districts and County Offices of Education; include the average length of time the candidates remained on the jobs.
- 7.3 Provide resumes of key members of the project team, specifically the team leader assigned to facilitate this proposal.
- 7.4 Provide the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email address of three past or current clients who may be contacted to attest to your ability to perform the requested services.
- 8.1 What kind of guarantee does your firm provide in the event of an unsuccessful search?
Written responses will be evaluated and screened down to between three (3) and five (5) consulting firms. As finalists may be asked to meet with the District Board for interviews the evening of January 24, 2018, we ask that you please keep this date open on your schedules. The Board will negotiate final terms, conditions, and pricing of the agreement with the top rated firm.
The evaluation of proposals and the basis of award will be based on the review and analysis of numerous factors, which will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- The consulting firm’s detailed process for conducting the requested services.
- The consulting firm’s background, qualifications, experience and guarantee in providing work as identified in the Proposal Requirements section of this RFP.
- The consulting firm’s ability to deliver an effective community input process.
- References of work done of a similar nature in California. Include the number of clients in California, number of clients in Orange County, number of years in education services, and all other factors that indicate the firm’s commitment to perform satisfactorily, including responsiveness and availability.
- Costs, including hourly rates for all levels of service, different personnel costs, travel time cost, and all associated costs for support services of work processing, copying etc. All costs must be identified in your proposal. All costs are negotiable until contract signing. Suggestions: consulting firms are encouraged to offer cost reduction suggestions.
December 22, 2017
RFP Due to District
January 12, 2018
Interview of Finalists
January 24, 2018
February 7, 2018
February 7, 2018
May 9, 2018
Superintendent Contract Signed
May 23, 2018
July 1, 2018
Include the following information in your response:
- Company profile information as described in the Selection Process section;
- Search process description;
- Qualifications of personnel;
- All appropriate Attachment Forms; and
- Other pertinent data (cost savings suggestions, communications plans, etc.
I am aware of and hereby certify that Contractor shall comply with Section 1735 of the Labor Code, which provides as follows:
No discrimination shall be made in the employment of persons upon public works because of the race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, handicap, medical condition, marital status, or gender of such persons, except as provided in Section 12940 of the Government Code, and every contractor for public works violating this Section is subject to all the penalties imposed for a violation of [Chapter 1 of Part 7, Division 2 of the Labor Code].
Typed or Printed Name
WORKERS’ COMPENSATION CERTIFICATION
Labor Code section 3700 in relevant part provides:
Every employer except the State shall secure the payment of compensation in one or more of the following ways:
- (a) By being insured against liability to pay compensation in one or more insurers duly authorized to write compensation insurance in this State.
- (b) By securing from the Director of Industrial Relations a certificate of consent to self insure, which may be given upon furnishing proof satisfactory to the Director of Industrial Relations of ability to self insure and to pay any compensation that may become due to his employees.
I am aware of the provisions of section 3700 of the Labor Code which require every employer to be insured against liability for workers’ compensation or to undertake self insurance in accordance with the provisions of that code, and I will comply with such provisions before commencing the performance of the work of this contract.
(In accordance with article 5 (commencing at section 1860), chapter 1, part 7, division 2 of the Labor Code, the above certificate must be signed and filed with the awarding body prior to performing any work under this contract.)
TO BE EXECUTED BY BIDDER AND SUBMITTED WITH BID
Project: PROJECT NAME
I, _______________________, declare that I am the ____________ of ________________________, the party making the foregoing bid, that the bid is not made in the interest of, or on behalf of, any undisclosed person, partnership, company, association, organization, or corporation; that the bid is genuine and not collusive or sham; that the bidder has not directly or indirectly induced or solicited any other bidder to put in a false or sham bid, and has not directly or indirectly colluded, conspired, connived, or agreed with any bidder or anyone else to put in a sham bid, or that anyone shall refrain from bidding; that the bidder has not in any manner, directly or indirectly, sought by agreement, communication, or conference with anyone to fix the bid price of the bidder or any other bidder, or to fix any overhead, profit, or cost element of the bid price, or of that of any other bidder, or to secure any advantage against the public body awarding the contract of anyone interested in the proposed contract; that all statements contained in the bid are true; and, further, that the bidder has not, directly or indirectly, submitted his or her bid price or any breakdown thereof, or the contents thereof, or divulged information or data relative thereto, or paid, and will not pay, any fee to any corporation, partnership, company, association, organization, bid depository, or to any member or agent thereof to effectuate a collusive or sham bid.
I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of California that the foregoing is true and correct.
Signature of Officer
NOTARY FOR NONCOLLUSION DECLARATON
Subscribed and sworn to (or affirmed) before me this _____ day of ________________, 20__.
Signature of Notary
Typed Name of Notary