Together, Anaheim Public Libraries and Western Youth Services are offering a series of workshops to support our community
A Look into Healthy Transitions
Participants will learn the difference between fixed mindset vs. growth mindset, and the benefits of training your brain to shift toward a growth perspective. You will learn to view change as an opportunity for growth rather than something to fear. Students, parents, and anyone going through major life events would benefit from attending.
- Canyon Hills – Tuesday, August 8 at 6:30pm
- Central Library – Tuesday, August 24 at 3:30pm
- Euclid Library – Tuesday, August 29 at 3:30pm
40 Developmental Assets:
Building blocks for healthy childhood development
Parents, teachers, and anyone involved in a child’s life would benefit from this workshop which examines the essential building blocks for healthy development. The audience will learn about the vastly improved outcomes that can occur when these assets are applied, and will walk away with new strategies to become asset builders in their children’s lives.
- Canyon Hills – Monday, July 31 at 6:30pm
- Haskett Library – Tuesday, August 8 at 6:00pm
- Central Library – Wednesday, August 9 at 10:00am
- Euclid Library – Tuesday, August 22 at 6:00pm
Learn about the physical and mental impact of stress, and positive strategies to manage its toxic effects. This workshop explores the cause of stress and techniques to help deal with challenges. Learn which coping skills are healthy, which ones are detrimental to our health, and how to manage stress in a healthy way.
- Sunkist Library – Tuesday, July 25 at 6:30pm
- Euclid Library – Tuesday, August 1 at 6:00pm
- Canyon Hills – Monday, August 14 at 6:30pm
- Central Library – Thursday, August 17 at 6:30pm
13 Reasons We Need to Communicate
We will discuss issues that youth struggle with, and healthy ways to navigate through difficulty. Participants will learn to identify someone who might be at-risk, ways to facilitate open communication, strategies to maintain healthy boundaries and improve relationships with family and peers.
- Sunkist Library – Thursday, July 20 at 6:30pm
- Haskett Library – Thursday, August 3 at 3:30pm
- Canyon Hills – Wednesday, August 9 at 12:00pm
- Euclid Library – Tuesday, August 15 at 3:00pm
- Central Library – Thursday, August 31 at 3:30pm
How to resolve differences in a healthy way
We will examine common causes of conflict, and learn healthy ways to communicate with others who have differing points of view. Learn how to approach conflict, and when to take a break. Parents, teachers, teens, couples, and anyone interested in resolving differences would benefit from attending.
- Central Library – Monday, August 21 at 6:30pm
- Sunkist Library – Tuesday, August 29 at 6:30pm
ACEs (Adverse Childhood Experiences)
Discover how stressful and traumatic experiences can impact child development and lead to negative consequences. Learn to identify the behaviors that can manifest in children with ACEs, ways to prevent them and increase well-being into adulthood.
- Central Library – Wednesday, August 16 at 10:00am
- Sunkist Library – Wednesday, August 23 at 11:00am
- Click here to download PDF flyer
- Click here to visit the Anaheim Public Library Webiste
- Call 714-765-1880 at least 72 hours in advance if special ADA accommodations are needed.