PBIS :“Continuing our Positive Behavior Program at Home”PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) is a system of supports that include proactive strategies for defining, teaching, and reinforcing appropriate student behaviors in order to create and nurture a safe, positive school environment. The three expectations taught on our campus are:
- Be Safe
- Be Responsible
- Be Respectful
The Importance of School Attendance
- A student who is absent 3 or more days or misses 30 minutes or more of school 3 or more times without a valid excuse is classified as truant. (Ref. E.C. 48260)
- A student is chronically absent if she or he is absent 10% or more of the school days enrolled.
Research on Attendance Shows:
- Students with regular attendance have higher achievement.
- Students who are on time and come to school regularly have better relationships with their peers and teachers.
- Students who are habitually late to school develop habits that may last a lifetime. The #1 reason people are fired from their jobs is because they are late to work!
- Students who dropout of school usually had attendance problems during their elementary or middle school years.
- Only 17% of kids chronically absent in Kindergarten and first grade can read at grade level by third grade.
Second Intra-District Transfer Application PeriodThe Anaheim City School District 2nd Transfer Application Period for the Single Track schools will be from September 1st – September 30th, 2018. Parents that would like to submit a transfer for their child to attend another school within our district may obtain a transfer application in our school office or at the district office located at 1001 S. East Street. Transfers will be approved or denied based on space availability at the requested school.
SAVE THE DATESeptember 2018
- 7th: Crazy Sock Day: Crazy for Kindness
- 12th: SuperHero Day: Superheroes are Kind
- 14th: Fall Picture Day
- 18th: Sports Day: Team Kindness
- 19th: Fall Fundraiser Begins
- 20th & 21st: Parent Conferences