#BeeHappy Focus on Healthy Snacks!
Barton Student Attendance
- Students are able to make up their absences at our Saturday School sessions.
- Future Saturday School dates: 2/24, 3/17, 4/21
2018 Color Run!
Great news! Our school raised over $7,000 thanks to our community’s donations! These funds help pay for field trips, assemblies, and prizes for students.
Thank you Barton Community for your contributions.
Dental Care Awareness
Almost everyone knows brushing your teeth twice a day is the way to have a healthy smile. But did you know that there are other ways to help your teeth from getting cavities and gum disease?
- Flossing once a day can help reduce your risk of cavities by up to 25%!
- If you’re feeling sick, make sure you replace your toothbrush at the end of your illness to avoid saving any harmful germs in the bristles.
- Seeing your dentist regularly is yet another ticket to good dental health. It is recommended that you see your dentist every 6 months to have your teeth professionally cleaned and examined for cracks, decay, or weakening enamel.
- Studies have shown that eating foods high in protein and vitamin D help the body absorb calcium and protect the enamel on teeth from wearing down.
- Also, avoiding foods and drinks that contain large amounts of sugar helps protect teeth from decay. Did you know a single 12oz serving of coke has 9 teaspoons of sugar!?
Healthy Snacks for Home + School
Smart snacking Is a great way to meet daily nutrient requirements that may be missed at meal times.
Children may need snacks to help them get enough calories (energy) throughout the day. So, choosing healthy foods that add nutrients, like vitamins and minerals, to their diets is essential.
Do you know which snacks are most nutritious?
Milk Yogurt + Cheese
Fruits + Vegetables
- String Cheese and fruit
- Milk or yogurt smoothies with juice and sliced bananas or strawberries
- Cottage Cheese or yogurt with fruit (fresh or canned)
- Fat-free or 1% milk
Grains + Protein
- Raw vegetables with low-fat yogurt dip, cottage cheese or hummus
- Baby carrots
- Celery sticks
- Cucumber slices
- Snack-size applesauce
- 100% fruit juice box
- Whole-grain crackers with cheese or peanut butter
- Whole-grain cereal with milk
- Flavored rice cakes (like caramel or apple cinnamon) with peanut butter
- Baked potato chips or tortilla chips with salsa
- Popcorn – air popped or low-fat microwave
- Pretzel sticks and a glass of milk
- Trail mix with nuts and dried fruit
Follow Barton on our district app!
School events, news, photos, & parent calendar: